Ade2- Yeast Marker strains

Alex Grant grant at zoology.ubc.ca
Fri Sep 22 14:20:50 EST 2000

Hi

I am currently using strains YPH499 and YPH500 as "red" marker colonies
due to their ade2 mutation.  Unfortunately I am beset by a fairly high
rate of reverse mutation and I need a strain without this.  I have heared
about the ade2-Bgl III mutation that also produces red colonies but does
not revert.  Does anybody know where I could get this strain?

cheers

Alex Grant
University of British Columbia

---