pGNG2 GFP reporter vector

Razvan Lapadat nospam_augustinlab at jnc.org
Thu Oct 19 13:51:19 EST 2000

Hi everybody!

I am currently involved in a project that uses a one hybrid system form
Clontech. I've already got some positive clones using a double reporter
yeast clone (HIS3/LacZ) but I'd like to use a GFP reporter system in the
primary library screening.

I have two questions:

 a) What is your experience with this reporter system compared to LacZ? Is
the sensitivity of GFP comparable to the LacZ?

 b) I was looking to buy the pGNG2 vector form BIO101 but this vector was
discontinued; is it possible to get a few nanograms of the vector form
somebody that still has it?

Thank you,

Razvan

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net