Fate of cell wall during sporulation?

Michael Andres McMurray mmcmurra at u.washington.edu
Thu Nov 9 12:57:44 EST 2000

I'd like to know what happens to the cell wall of diploid S. cerevisiae
cells as they go through sporulation.  I know that the spore wall forms
within the cell, but what actually happens to the vegetative cell
wall?  Specifically, would a label attached to the vegetative cell wall be
also present in the ascus wall, or would it be lost?

Thanks,
Michael

(Replies to my e-mail or follow-ups to the newsgroup are both fine.)

---

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net