alpha factor

Kyle Serikawa kyles at u.washington.edu
Fri Jun 30 13:12:47 EST 2000

Hi--okay, I know this question probably gets posted periodically, but I've
just started on this newsgroup so here it goes:  I'm planning some cell
cycle synchronization experiments and will need to use alpha factor.  I
had a couple of questions about this:

1)  If we order alpha factor by doing a peptide synthesis through a
company, what level of purity is necessary to get good biological
activity?

2)  If we order alpha factor from a company as a product, who offers the
best deal?  As far as I can tell from surfing the web, calbiochem seems to
be the cheapest (~$35/mg).  Anything better?

3)  Is there any other way to get around the high cost of this product?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kyle

Kyle A. Serikawa
Box 357350