pombe plasmid

Bernardo Ramirez-Zavala bramirez at bios.encb.ipn.mx
Wed Jun 14 16:26:05 EST 2000

Hello.

I'm a doctorate student and I'm working with the proteolityc system of
Schizosaccharomyces pombe, one of the goals of my work was to construct
protein fusion between the GFP and one of the pombe proteases
(dipeptidyl
aminopeptidase). Currently I have this fusion construction, the trouble
begans when I tried to express this fusion... I don't have any pombe
plasmids so I used a Saccharomyces plasmid, the results was a poor grow
and
a little green fluorescence. The fusion GFP-protease works but the
plasmid
(I think) don't allow me to obtain an enough amount of biomase (in order
realize another kind of experiments). In Mexico I don't know any other
group that works with pombe, the purpose of this is to ask if someone
could send me any pombe plasmid (ars1/ura4+ or ars1/leu1+) or if you
know
who could do it.

Thats all, thanks in advance for your help.

Bernardo Ramirez-Zavala, PhD student.
Laboratorio de Microbiología General
Escuela Nacional de Ciencias Biológicas
Instituto Politécnico Nacional
México.

P.D. Of course I know the ATCC, but a price of $144.00 is to expensive
for
me :(

---

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net