LEU2 deletion strain

Michael Andres McMurray mmcmurra at u.washington.edu
Tue Jun 6 15:53:21 EST 2000

The designer deletion strains described in Brachmann, et al. Yeast
14:115-132 (1998) contain the "leu2delta0" allele; in the description of
the construction of the allele (p. 123), the authors indicate that the Ty2
element and tRNA gene flanking LEU2 were also deleted.  I don't know how
much of the surrounding regions this actually eliminates, but you could
probably figure it out by looking at SGD
(http://genome-www.stanford.edu/Saccharomyces/)
, and I would feel safe guessing that the upstream 29 bp are also
gone.  We use these strains all the time and they're fantastic for
targeted knockouts because of the delta0 alleles.

Good luck,
Michael

On 6 Jun 2000, Maureen Hyde wrote:

> Does anyone know if there are any leu2 strains with a deletion in the
> gene, including sequences at least 29 bp upstream of the start codon?

---

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net