[pombelist] protein domains in S.pombe

Lorenzo Cerutti lmc at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Jan 20 11:57:37 EST 2000

Dear pombe world,

I have made a list of protein domains that have been found in S.pombe but
not in S.cerevisiae in the Pfam and InterPro databases.

The list of these domains is available here:
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/lmc/pombe/compare/

I have made also some comments, that you can find in this web page.

Please, let me know if you find something interesting, if you plan to use
this information, and/or if you have any comments or questions.

There is also a new feature in the Pfam db at the Sanger, which allow to
see the species distribution of a particular domain. In the
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Pfam webpage choose the 'BROWSE PFAM' option,
select a domain, and then ask to see the species distribution. You can
click on the nodes of the tree to visualise the domain organisation of the
proteins belonging to a subfamily. This can be useful to guess the
function of new proteins and for annotation.

Regards

Lorenzo

Lorenzo Cerutti, Pfam Team, Sanger Centre
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD, UK
Tel. 0044(0)1223 494820

---

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net