protocols for determining strain ploidy and plasmid copy number

Alpha1lab at aol.com Alpha1lab at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 18:43:41 EST 2000

I am looking for protocols for the following.
1. Test for yeast strain ploidy, ie how do I verify a strain as being diploid
vs. haploid?
2. Plasmid copy number  determination of 2 micron based vectors in S.
cerevisiae

Also, can haploid strains be transformed by standard tecniques, ie LiOAc?
Can I maintain a full length 2 micron plasmid vector in a circle + strain by
maintaining selective pressure?

3. What's a good protocol for curing endogenous 2 micron plasmid to make
circle 0 strains?
Helen L. Gibson
alpha1lab at aol.com
---