Thanks and more

Yeast Laboratory 1 Yeast1 at demogr.mpg.de
Mon Oct 4 08:53:45 EST 1999

Hi all,
First of all I would like to say thanks to everyone who responded to my
that I though I would ask one more question.!

I am planning to do some asci dissection, and I am having some trouble
choosing the proper reagent to digest the ascospore wall.  The reference I
have uses B-glucuronidase (10% solution), but when I looked to Sigma to
purchase this enzyme there are about 20 different kinds (and that is just
the Mollusk variety)!  I considered ordering Zymolyase, but it is pretty
expensive.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks again everyone.

Scott

Scott Pletcher
Research Scientist
Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research
Doberaner Str. 114
Rostock, Germany
email:pletcher at demogr.mpg.de

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net