Larry F. lfliegel at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Sun Oct 3 09:05:32 EST 1999

Greetings,
We did some work on this a long time ago.  SNARFAM works.  SOme of the
others such as BCECF don't work as well.
Here are some relevant reverances.
Haworth, R.S., Lemire, B.D., Cragoe, E.J. Jr. and L. Fliegel. (1991)
Characterization of proton fluxes across the cytoplasmic membrane of the
yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1098:79-89.

R.S. Haworth, E.J. Cragoe and L. Fliegel. (1993) Amiloride and
5-(N-ethyl-N-Isopropyl) amiloride inhibit medium acidification and glucose
metabolism by the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe.  BBA
1145:266-272.

R.S. Haworth and L. Fliegel (1993) Intracellular pH in Schizosaccharomyces
pombe - Comparison with Saccharomyces cerevisiae  Mol. Cell. Biochem.
124:131-140.

L. Fliegel

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net