Microscope, etc.

Pletcher Pletcher at demogr.mpg.de
Tue Mar 16 11:48:54 EST 1999

Greetings everyone.
I am in the process of starting up a yeast lab and learning about the
different types of equipment.  Having done my thesis work with
Drosophila, many peices of equipment are quite new to me.   I am hoping
to get some input on a good microscope-manipulator combo.  I will need
to do some yeast micromanipulation, and I would like a good (ie.
relatively easy to use!) setup.  I was hoping to keep the cost to about
$10,000 US, but that is flexible. Any suggestions on specific
manufacturers and models would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Scott D Pletcher
Research Scientist
Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research
Rostock, Germany  18057
pletcher at demogr.mpg.de
phone: (+49) 381 2081 164
fax: (+49) 381 2081 464