Transformation with tRNA carrier

R. Stevens rstevens at u.washington.edu
Mon Mar 1 17:37:00 EST 1999

Hey Yeastfolk,
	I need to do yeast transformations (into S. cerevisiae) using
carrier that doesn't contain genomic DNA.  I am wondering how the
protocol differs if I use tRNA instead of salmon testes or calf thymus
DNA.
	I have tried a standard LiOAc/PEG transformation with 10ug tRNA
carrier, and got almost no colonies (and hundreds of colonies on the calf
thymus DNA control).  What's up?

Take care,

Rick

         @..@             Rick Stevens
        (\--/)            Department of Pathology
       (.>__<.)           Box 357705
       ^^^  ^^^           University of Washington
   ''''''''''''''''       Seattle, WA  98195-7705