expression of yeast proteins in mammalian cells ...

biosci-request at net.bio.net biosci-request at net.bio.net
Sat Jun 26 19:58:11 EST 1999

Hi, I would like to ask if anybody out there has expressed a secreted
yeast protein in mammalian cells.
I made a fusion protein using S. cerevisiae PHO5 (acid phosphatase) and
linked at the C-ter a fragment of another protein of about 100aa. The
fusion protein seems to be made, but I think is not going to the
secretory pathway.

Does anybody know if yeast signal sequences can direct proteins to the
ER without problem? I couldn't find too much in the literature about
this.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Sincerely,