postdoctoral opportunity

biosci-request at net.bio.net biosci-request at net.bio.net
Tue Jun 22 16:53:30 EST 1999

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION

        An NIH-funded postdoctoral position is available in my lab to study
the
interaction of transcription factors with chromatin in yeast.  Our
interests center
on the mechanism by which transcriptional activators remodel chromatin, using
reporters having defined chromatin structure and employing a combination of
biochemistry and yeast genetics.  [See Science 262, 1563 (1993); J. Biol.
Chem.
272, 11526 (1997); Mol. Cell. Biol. 18, 1774 (1998); Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 2977
(1999); Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, Yu and Morse, in press (August issue); also my
web
page at http://www.wadsworth.org/resnres/bios/morse.htm.]
Interested applicants should contact Randy Morse at:

        Wadsworth Center
        P.O. Box 22002
        Albany, NY 12201

        EMAIL: randall.morse at wadsworth.org
        Phone: 518 486-3116
        Fax:   518 474-3181

        The Wadsworth Center is a branch of the New York State Dept. of
Health,
and supports both applied (TB screening, etc.) and basic research.  We are
also
affiliated with the SUNY School of Public Health, and we support an active
graduate
program.  My lab is housed in the recently constructed Axelrod Institute
which is
generously equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation and supported by
media services, glassware cleaning, etc.  Our faculty represent a variety of
research interests (transcription factors in Drosophila and yeast,
heterochromatin structure, transposition in yeast and prokaryotes, intron
homing), making for a highly stimulating scientific environment.   As a medium
sized city and the capitol of New York, Albany offers many of the cultural
advantages of larger cities while having additional advantages of its own
 (less crowded, lower crime, more affordable), and is a very pleasant place
to live.
(See our homepage at http://www.wadsworth.org/)

Randy Morse
Wadsworth Center