Post-doc position: innate immunity

biosci-request at net.bio.net biosci-request at net.bio.net
Thu Jun 17 10:48:34 EST 1999

****This post is open only to non-French nationals****

What:  A two-year post-doctoral position is available in my lab to study
various aspects of innate immunity using C. elegans as a model.

Where:  The Immunology Center of Marseille (CIML), a unit jointly sponsored
by the two major French research institutions, CNRS and INSERM. The
Institute is located on the campus of the University of the Mediterranean,
adjacent to a beautiful protected wilderness area between Marseille and
Cassis. The CIML is made up of 16 research groups comprising nearly 150
people.

Among the current projects are:

i. A comparative study of C. elegans and Drosophila anti-microbial
defenses, in collaboration with the group of Jules Hoffmann (see his recent
review in Science 1999 284:1313).

ii. Using 2D electrophoresis and mass spectrometry to identify C. elegans
proteins involved in host reponse to bacterial and fungal infection.

iii. A collaboration with the group of Brett Finlay, on bacterial virulence
factors (see his recent review in Cell 1999 96:315).

The ideal candidate, as well as having a strong publication record, will be
experienced in  molecular genetics, preferably with a background also in
biochemistry. As my own research background is relatively diverse (e.g.
Ewbank and Creighton, Nature 1991 350:518; Ewbank et al., Science 1997
275:980), I welcome applications and informal inquiries from any motivated
individual.
Please send a CV with the names of three referees to the e-mail address below.
An understanding of French is not required.

Jonathan Ewbank

Centre d'Immunologie de Marseille-Luminy,
163 Avenue de Luminy,
Case 906,
13288 Marseille Cedex 9,
France

ewbank at ciml.univ-mrs.fr

Tel: +33 491 269 466 en France: 04 91 26 94 66
Fax: +33 491 269 430 en France: 04 91 26 94 66

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net