colony lifts

biosci-request at net.bio.net biosci-request at net.bio.net
Thu Jun 10 06:32:25 EST 1999

Hey Gina,
	Check out a protocol in "Methods in Yeast Genetics: A Laboratory
Course Manual" by Mark Rose, Fred Winston, and Phil Hieter.  Technique "3:
Yeast Colony Hybridization.   I bet you can get this in the library, or
one of the yeast labs.
	Or try Grunstein and Hogness, PNAS 72: 3961-1965 (1975).

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999 biosci-request at net.bio.net wrote:

> Hi All--
>
> Does anyone have a protocol/methodology for doing yeast colony lifts? I'm
> looking for a quick way to screen a few hundred colonies for a
> yes/no answer without going through the standard genomic DNA isolation for
> all these clones.
>
> Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Gina Alvino
> alvino at u.washington.edu
>

> There's nothing quite like the sound of a Harley Davidson.....

         @..@             Rick Stevens
        (\--/)            Department of Pathology
       (.>__<.)           Box 357705
       ^^^  ^^^           University of Washington
   ''''''''''''''''       Seattle, WA  98195-7705

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net