Careers at Proteome, Inc.

Brian P.Davis bpd at proteome.com
Sat Dec 18 15:16:45 EST 1999

Proteome Inc. is a rapidly growing, dynamic company that is dedicated to
providing high-quality, comprehensively curated databases to the
biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, as well as to the academic
research community.  We work at the forefront of the bioinformation
revolution, integrating genomic data with data from the published
literature.  See our Web site at http://www.proteome.com.

Proteome employees work in an energetic and intellectually stimulating
environment.  Our positions of Scientific Curator and Database Editor
are unique.  We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and excellent
opportunities for advancement in our expanding company. In addition,
Proteome's job options -- working full or part time, either on site or
remotely via the internet -- offer maximum personal flexibility.
Proteome Inc. encourages diversity in its workplace and is an equal
opportunity employer.

Job Openings

Scientific Curator:

Proteome, Inc. is seeking full-time and part-time Scientific Curators to
collect and integrate protein information for multispecies databases.
Successful candidates will have an opportunity to work in a broad range
of topics that is unparalleled in academia or in industry.  Candidates
must have a PhD and specific training or laboratory experience in
mammalian, yeast (S. cerevisiae, S. pombe, C. albicans and others),
other fungal or other model systems. Candidates must have excellent
writing skills and demonstrate knowledge of a wide spectrum of topics in
cell biology or related fields.  A strong interest in organizing
biological information is an asset. Opportunities exist for advancement
to the position of Scientific Editor as well as to other positions of
responsibility within Proteome, Inc.

Database Editor:

Proteome, Inc. is seeking full-time and part-time Database Editors to
develop and oversee the construction of protein databases. Successful
candidates will work with comprehensive data sets that are derived from
both genomic and classical experiments and fully describe our current
understanding of cell and organismal biology.  Candidates must have a
PhD and specific training or laboratory experience in mammalian, yeast,
fungal or other model systems. Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of
a broad range of topics in cell biology or related fields.  Excellent
writing skills, an eye for detail, and a strong interest in organizing
biological information are required.  Candidates must have good
problem-solving abilities and must be capable of overseeing the work of
several Scientific Curators. Computer skills, including familiarity with
the UNIX environment and with SQL and Perl, are an asset but are not
necessary. Opportunities exist for advancement to other positions of
responsibility within Proteome, Inc.

Please send your CV to:

Rebecca Holbrook
PROTEOME INC.
100 Cummings Center
Suite 435M
Beverly, MA 01915
TEL (978) 922-1643
FAX (978) 922-3971
email: rgh at proteome.com
--
Thanks,

Brian P. Davis, Ph.D.                            Director of Database
Development
PROTEOME INC.
bpd at proteome.com

---