J57D Yeast Availability?

biosci-request at net.bio.net biosci-request at net.bio.net
Fri Aug 13 10:58:29 EST 1999

I just started working with some mouse YACs which are present in S.
cerevisiae strain J57D.  Unfortunately, the source of the YACs (Research
Genetics), ATCC, the Yeast Genome Stock Center, The Whitehead Institute
and the SGD database have never heard of this strain.

Can anyone out there help me either with a sample of this strain (I'd like
to have it as a negative control) or a pointer to its availability
somewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Eric