Media pH

biosci-request at net.bio.net biosci-request at net.bio.net
Sun Aug 8 18:58:03 EST 1999

Hi,

I want to make YNB with a range of pH from 2 to 7.  I used the
citrate/phosphate buffer protocol from the Cold Spring Harbor Yeast Manual.
After I dissolved 1 mole of citric acid and 2 moles of KH2PO4 in water, I
titrated the soln from pH 2.6  up to 4 with solid KOH.  Then precipitate
started to form.  The citrate phosphate is only good for low pH.

How can I make yeast media for a range of pH?  Either YEPD or YNB would be
fine.

Thanks

Dave

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net