Subcellular Fractionation

Michael Forte forte at OHSU.EDU
Wed Apr 28 16:38:43 EST 1999

Hi,

I need pointers on how to preserve cells before making spheroplasts and
cell fractionation.  Basically, I have to do an 8-12 hr. incubation of
cells before harvesting for spheroplast formation and cell disruption.
Rather than schedule 16 hr. days, I'm thinking that there must be a way to
harvest cells, freeze them off for example, and then generate spheroplasts
for homogenization.  Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Mike Forte