degradation of lexA fusion protein?

Françoise Martz Francoise.Martz at plantphys.umu.se
Thu Apr 8 15:15:08 EST 1999

Hi,

I am doing control for the two-hybrid system to detect the lexA fusion
protein in yeast extracts by western blotting. I used too bait
constructs: a complete coding region and a 64aa-deleted one at the
N-term end. With a specific antibody, I detected a band of ca. 37 kDa
instead of the expected 78 kDa in the strain containing the complete
construct, and nothing in the strain containing the uncomplete
construct...
I used 2 different extraction protocols, both with PMSF and one with
leupeptin and  benzamidin as well.
I am not familar with the yeast world. Does someone already encounter
the same problem? What other control should/can I do? Can I perform the
two-hybrid screen?
And where can I test my protein sequence for protease cleavage sites?

Thanks a lot for your help....

Francoise

Francoise.Martz at plantphys.umu.se