Good Vector/Kit system for expression of highly basic proteins in Yeast?

Graham Dellaire, Ph.D. Graham.Dellaire at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Apr 7 11:02:37 EST 1999

Hello All,

I am playing with the idea of expressing a fairly basic protein in yeast
rather than E. coli as my gene sequence contains many rare Arginine
codons (AAG, AGA) and I am having trouble expressing it.  Does anyone
know of a good expression system in yeast (from experience) that I could
use to produce mg quantities of protein for antibody production??

Thanks in advance, all suggestions wellcome.

Cheers,

Graham Dellaire
--
Graham Dellaire, Ph.D.