DAPI staining

james mcafee jmcafee at mail.pittstate.edu
Wed Nov 4 16:02:11 EST 1998

I am an undergraduate who carried out an indirect immunofluorescence
protocol to determine if a human trans gene was being localized to the
yeast nuclei.  It was my first time performing the experiment.  I used
DAPI staining and viewed the cells under the FITC setting.  Can anyone
tell me how you can differentiate a DAPI stained nucleus from the
antibody stained nucleus?

Thank you,
Melissa Chenoweth
machenow at pittstate.edu