YDp-K

Bernard Murray bpmurray*STUFFER* at socrates.ucsf.edu
Thu May 14 09:16:35 EST 1998

In article <35597F0E.3497 at bad.dundee.ac.uk>, Mike Stark
<mjstark at bad.dundee.ac.uk> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone can help.  Im trying to get hold of a file
> containing the full sequence for the above noted plasmid YDp-K which
> contains the full yeast LYS2 gene which I have been unsuccessful
> obtaining to date.
> Very greatful for any help.
> Thanks in advance
>
> Mark Peggie

Hey, you're right, information on LYS2 (which is a marker in a strain
I have just received) isn't out there.  I finally grabbed a sequence
(about 4.2 kb) from MIPS but this is just an ORF rather than a "formally"
cloned cDNA.  The relevant sequence is YBR115C.  You can go direct
to MIPS or just look for LYS2 on the yeast genome database (eg. Stanford)
and then use the MIPS pointer.
   I hope that this helps,
      Bernard

--
Bernard Murray, PhD
Dept. Cell. Mol Pharmacol., UCSF, San Francisco, USA