Retransformation in yeast hybrid systems

JOSE LUIS CARRASCO JIMENEZ jlcarrasco at ibmcp.upv.es
Wed May 6 23:55:48 EST 1998

  Dear colleagues,

  I am doing a three-hybrid screening in yeast. After
retransformation of the rescued plasmids into yeast
I am getting unexpected results, namely that the
level of activation is lower and now it seems
unspecific. This is quite surprising to me, since
I have isolated twice the same cDNA, I mean, two
of my positives beared the same cDNA insert, what
I had interpreted as a good sign.

  Any help or comment will be highly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

  Best wishes,

  Jose L. Carrasco
  jlcarrasco at ibmcp.upv.es