Chemistry and Biology of Yeast

SuzSamba at aol.com SuzSamba at aol.com
Sun Jul 26 17:15:29 EST 1998

Hi!  I'm studying the effects of temperature on yeast's capability of rising
bread for my chemistry class, and although I have physical data, I don't have
chemical nor biological explanations to back up my finds.  I was wondering if
you could inform me on how exactly yeast makes bread rise, and why temperature
has an effect on it.  What is the chemistry of yeast, and what is the
chemistry behind the yeast rising dough?  Thank you very much!  Please respond
to: Tigr Lilee at aol.com.  Thank you!

Sincerely,
Tigr Lilee at aol.com