postdoctoral position available

Danny Reines dreines at emory.edu
Sat Jul 18 21:51:08 EST 1998

A fully funded position for a postdoctoral fellow is available at Emory
University School of Medicine in Atlanta.  We are looking for an
ethusiastic postdoctoral colleague interested in the biochemistry and
molecular biology of gene expression.  Our lab works on transcription by
RNA polymerase II in the yeast S. cerevisiae and in mammalian
transcription systems.  In particular we are focussing on the mechanism
of RNA synthesis, the dynamics of transcription elongation, the RNA
polymerase II subunits and their genes, and elongation factor SII.  We
are employing a varied set of molecular and biochemical techniques
including protein expression and purification, Northern blotting, in
vitro transcription, chromatin immunoprecipitation, site-directed
mutagenesis, and yeast genetics, as well as others.   More importantly,
we are looking for an independent, creative, and energetic individual
who can bring her or his own skills to the lab to synergize with
existing investigative work in the lab.  Research in the lab is
supported by NIH and other funding.  Emory provides ultramodern
facilities and a vibrant scientific (and postdoctoral) community in a
comfortable and affordable suburban Atlanta setting close to downtown.

Interested individuals should send a currriculum vitae to:
Dr. Danny Reines
Department of Biochemistry
Emory University School of Medicine
Rollins Research Center