Selenomethionine

Joergen Hansen carlgaer at biobase.dk
Fri Jul 3 13:03:22 EST 1998

Hi,

I do not know about Pichia, but for Saccharomyces yeasts, the only amino
acid that represses methionine formation efficiently is, methionine...It
would maybe also work to add S-adenosylmethionine, but this is very
expensive, and is converted to methionine anyway.

But why not just omit sulfate from your medium (use ammonium chloride
instead), and then add tiny amounts of methionine/cysteine for survival?

Best regards,

Joergen Hansen
carlgaer at biobase.dk

----- End Included Message -----