postdoctoral position

Pim Mager mager at chem.vu.nl
Fri Oct 31 07:13:03 EST 1997

In the EU TMR-network on the 'Response of yeast and plant cells to changes
in external osmolarities' we employ Saccharomyces cerevisiae as a microbial
model system to unravel the molecular mechanisms underlying the
osmoresponse and use these findings to examine corresponding processes in
the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana. Particular attention is paid to the
protein kinase cascades and other signalling pathways that are elicited by
changes in environmental osmolarity. We study yeast mutants defective in
osmosignal transduction to elucidate so far unknown components of the
osmoresponse and use them to clone corresponding plant genes. More
information can be found at http://www.chem.vu.nl/ryplos/index.html
Presently, our Gothenburg partner has a vacant position for a postdoctoral
scientist. Those who are interested in this position are requested to
contact Lennart Adler (GMMLA at lundberg.gu.se) or Stefan Hohmann
(Stefan.Hohmann at gmm.gu.se).
Pim Mager, coordinator