Spheroplast RECOVERY

Michele Markstein mmarkste at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Oct 16 11:57:55 EST 1997

I am looking for a way to minimize spheroplast recovery time in
sorbitol. Growing spheroplasts on sorbitol plates is unfortunately too
much time in sorbitol. Why? It appears that the sorbitol is inducing a
stress-response which is interfering with my transformation assays.

I'd appreciate references to either recovery-protocols or to basic
information about spheroplast recovery.

Thanks,
Michele Markstein
a graduate student in Dr.Susan Lindquist's lab.