Antibodies

S L Forsburg forsburg at nospamsalk.edu
Wed Oct 8 13:30:00 EST 1997

> Nicholas Owen (nowen at ermine.ox.ac.uk)

> HI there, I am sure this is a basic question for alot of people on
> this
> list, but I want to make sure I do this right.
>
> I have a protein that I would like to raise Ab to (specific regions).
> How
> does one normally raise Ab for pombe work, the same way as any or is
> there
> anything special I should be doing

As far as raising antibodies goes, proteins is proteins, so
to speak, and you raise Ab the way for a pombe protein that you
would for anything else.  It's a good idea to check that your
pre-immune bunny does not cross react too badly with pombe lysates
(usually not a problem), and to  plan on affinity purifying.

My lab has had good success with raising Ab to His-tagged
proteins purified from E. coli, or using peptide antigens.

-susan
It's an anti-spam.  Use the one below.
S L Forsburg, PhD  forsburg at salk.edu
Molecular Biology and Virology Lab