On behalf of National Center of Genetics Engineering and
THAILAND , it is my pleasure to announce the international confrecne.
The detail as follow
International conference on Asia-pacific Mycological Conference
Biodiversity and Biotechnology, July 6-9, 1998 , Hua Hin, THAILAND The
further information pease looking on the
or e-mail to :mycology at biotec.or.th
It is therefore apposite to focus at this conference on
1. the diversity of the mycota of the Asia Pacific region
especially as the tropics are considered to be the most diverse region
in the world, and
2. recent developments in biotechnology and the discovery of
novel bioactive compounds.
Dr. Sakarindr Bhumiratana, Thailand (Chairperson)
Dr. Nigel Hywel-Jones, Thailand
Prof. E.B. Gareth Jones, Hong Kong
Dr. W. Maiese, U.S.A.
Prof. R.D. Goos, U.S.A.
Prof. A.J.S. Whalley, U.K.
Dr. R.A. Samson, The Netherlands
Dr. Kazunari Inaba, Japan
Dr. Nigel Hywel-Jones (Chairperson)
Prof. E.B. Gareth Jones
Dr. Leka Manoch
Dr. Sumalee Pichyangkura
Dr. T.W. Flegel
Prof. G. Turner
Dr. L.L.P. Vrijmoed
Dr. Morakot Tanticharoen (Chairperson)
Dr. Amy Rossman
U.S. National Fungus Collection, U.S.A.
" Fungal Diversity in the Asia-Pacific Tropics"
Dr. Joe Baker, O.B.E.
Office of the Environment , Australia
"Bioprospecting-Biotechnology Bioactive Compoundxs form natural
1. Fungal diversity of Khao Yai national Park- towards a
checklist of Thai fungi
2. Marine, mangrove, and freswater fungi
3. Terrestrial fungi of tropical forests
1. new bioactive fungal compounds
2. Cultivation of fungi of economics importance
3. Fungal enzymes and biotechnology
Offered papers Symposia
1. Fungal taxonomy and ecology
2. Fungal ultrastructure
3. Genetica and molecular studies
4. Fermentation physiology
6. Screening of novel fungal metabolites
7. Biochemical processes
8. New approaches to biodiversity
Posters and Evenung Sessions
Poster on any aspects of Asian Pacific mycology will be
Thank you in advance in your cooperation and looking forward to
you on the confernce
Gypsum Metropolian Tower, 15th Floor,
539/2 Sri-Ayudhya RD., Rajdhevee, Bangkok, 10400