POST-DOCTORAL OPENINGS AVAILABLE AT UC SAN DIEGO, BIOLOGY DEPARTMENT.
Two post-doctoral positions are available starting Jan 1, 1998 for work on
mechanisms of peroxisomal protein import and biogenesis in the yeast Pichia
pastoris and in mammalian cells. Applicants should have an excellent
knowledge of cell and molecular biology, genetics and biochemistry.
Experience with yeast systems is preferred. Applicants will be expected to
apply for, and obtain, their own fellowships, but interim funding will be
provided. Interested applicants may send a CV and names of three references
to the address shown below.
Current topics of interest
1. Role of PTS-receptor docking proteins in peroxisomal matrix protein
import and in human peroxisomal disorders.
2. Genetic and biochemical analysis of sorting of peroxisomal membrane proteins.
3. Role of specific PEX genes in peroxisome biogenesis and import.
1. Rachubinski, R., Subramani, S. How proteins penetrate peroxisomes.
Cell, 83: 525-528(1995).
2. Subramani, S. Protein translocation into peroxisomes. J. Biol.
Chem. 271: 32483-32486 (1996).
3. Subramani, S. PEX genes on the rise. Nature Genetics, 15: 331-333
Dept of Biology
Rm 3230 Bonner Hall
9500 Gilman Drive
Univ. of California San Diego
La Jolla, CA 92093-0322