inappropriate messages

amerla at ZOO.UVM.EDU amerla at ZOO.UVM.EDU
Fri Jun 27 10:05:23 EST 1997

I've noticed the inappropriate messages seem to have increased
since attention was brought to them...

It's gotten to the point where I am going to join the people
requesting moderation of the group. Considering that all that gets
discussed here is either yeast protocols/etc or these inappropriate
messages, I don't think we need to be too concerned about a moderator
removing "too much".

At the risk of encouraging the annoying sex-posters, I'll say that
it's gotten to the point where I am very much discouraged from reading
the newsgroup. I read at work and am nervous about my boss walking by
and wondering what on earth I am reading....

In the meantime, could someone tell me how to put people on some sort
of "ignore" list so that some of it doesn't show up on the screen?

Thanks,
Alia