H2O2

Nathan W. Bays nbays at jeeves.ucsd.edu
Fri Jun 27 01:06:47 EST 1997

In my opinion,  I would avoid conducting the experiments on plates. The
H2O2 will not stick around long enough for a good measure of viability to
be made. I would try to do a liquid culture growth curve or another test of
viability that doesn't require such a long incubation with H2O2.

An example of an H2O2 fungal killing experiment can be found in Wu, G. et
al. Plant Cell vol. 7 pages 1357-1368. (1995). Also, Hyslop, et al. do
these experiments on bacteria and fibroblasts in Free Radicals in Biology
and Medicine vol.19 pp.31-37.

Good luck.

Nathan W. Bays
Ph.D. Student, Department of Biology