casein hydroysate woes

mYc fight_spam at kill.filter.com
Wed Jun 18 10:58:32 EST 1997

Our lab has used YNB Cas-amino acid medium as selection media for ade, ura
and trp. Recently, some people in our lab (and also in a collaborator's
lab) we have found that the cas-amino acid media is unable to enrich for
ura+ cells. Is this related to the quality of the casein hydrolysate
purchased, and has anyone else experienced something similar?

please reply to mikechao at hamon.swmed.edu

--

Fight SPAM.......learn to use a killfilter!