Hansenula Dissection

Singer Instruments yeast at singerinst.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 07:42:04 EST 1997

Recently at the Course on Biochemistry and Mol. Biol. of Non-
Conventional Yeasts in Madrid I made another attempt at tetrad
dissection of Hansenula, with a little success (a couple of tetrads):
the main problems being the stickyness of the tetrads and their small
size.

Having discussed the matter with Jim Cregg and (some time ago) with
Peter Sudbery and M. Veenhuis, but I wonder if anyone out there is
dissecting regularly ? I would like to hear of any smart tricks, with
particular reference to lysing and how to ensure that threre are not too
many vegetative cells and free spores about to confuse things.

Regards,

Carl Singer
Singer Instruments....a responsiblity to science
Roadwater
Watchet
Somerset TA23 0RE                             yeast at singerinst.co.uk
England                                  http://www.singerinst.co.uk