Protein Transfection...

Christina M. Ulane cmulane at RAINBOW.UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Jul 11 15:24:01 EST 1997

Dear Yeast Community:

I would like to transfect S. cerevisiae with protein aggregates, and
would appreciate any information regarding protein transfection and
general lipofection techniques with yeast cells.

In case you are wondering why I am transfecting proteins instead of DNA,
my project is to study the effects of prions--a protein based
phenomenon.

Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely,
Michele Markstein
(a beginning grad. student new to yeast)