A screen marker for protein secretion

zarir zarir at dept.agry.purdue.edu
Thu Jul 10 14:16:45 EST 1997

Hi, Everybody:

I am working on protein secretion in S. cerevisae. We have a candidate
protein which is synthesized in mitochondrial but for some reasons can
reach to the cell surface(localized in the cell wall). We now try to
characterize any sinal on the peptide which direct the secretion
process. What we need is a small peptide to which we fuse our candidat
protein. The small peptide can be served as a screen marker to allow us
to select mutant which does not secret our protein any loger. So the
marker shoud lead to different phenotype when inside or outside the
cell. If you happen to know there is a such marker, please let me know.
You help will be highly appreciated.

J. Dong
Dept. of Bio. Sci.
Purdue University