Ethidium-staining nuclei

Ted Benson reb at galactose.mc.duke.edu
Wed Jul 9 15:51:48 EST 1997

Hi. I'm looking for a protocol to stain yeast nuclei with ethidium
bromide. The cells can be fixed and permeabilized; that's ok. But I need a
way to get the nuclei stained with minimal background (ie, cytoplamic)
staining, and I understand the ethidium we have on hand will serve. Any
ideas or protocols would be most helpful. Please respond to
the address below.

Thanks for your time!

Edward Benson       reb at galactose.mc.duke.edu