Calcium precipitation!

Miguel A. Rodriguez Gabriel MARODRIGUEZ at trasto.cbm.uam.es
Tue Jul 1 08:47:01 EST 1997

Dear Yeasters,

	I am trying to prepare minimal medium (YNB 6.7 g/l; glucose 20 g/l) to
grow S. cerevisiae. I want to have a final concentration of 100 mM calcium in
this medium, and for this purpose I add CaCl2. My problem is that when I add
CaCl2, a white precipitate appears.
	Has any of you prepared this kind of medium? How did you solve this
PRECIPITATION problem?

	Thank you for your answer!

Miguel A. R. GABRIEL
Centro de Biologia Molecular "Severo Ochoa"
Universidad Autonoma de Madrid-C.S.I.C.
Cantoblanco. 28049 Madrid
SPAIN
Phone: 34-1-3975077