Dutch/Belgian meeting

Pim Mager mager at chem.vu.nl
Fri Jan 31 09:25:44 EST 1997

Dear yeastnetters,
With an apology to the non-Dutch/Belgian readers for using our net for this
message to the Dutch and Belgian yeasters:
In Holland regular meetings of the yeast community are being organized with
the aim to stimulate and improve mutual communication. The format of these
meetings used to be an informal get-together including a common (pizza)
meal in the early evening, followed by a few selected talks. We believe
that it is worthwhile to organize (for instance once a year) a joint
Dutch/Belgian Yeasterday. Not too many talks, major emphasis on poster
presentations and informal discussions. When there is sufficient interest,
we intend to organize the first Yeasterday on a Friday in June, probably in
Amsterdam (all my troubles....).
Yde Steensma (Leiden) and I would like to know whether you are interested
to participate in such a meeting. Please reply by email (and ask your
colleagues in the lab to do the same), so that we can compose a
emailinglist for future messages.
Kindest regards (also to the non-Dutch/Belgian colleagues),
Pim Mager