Signal peptide screen

Namjin Chung nc1 at acpub.duke.edu
Tue Jan 28 11:06:49 EST 1997

In article <v0300780daf0d40145d1a@[149.155.138.138]>,
jcw at BIOSCI.MBP.MISSOURI.EDU ("John C. Walker") wrote:

> I have seen references to using yeast to select for genes from other
> organisms that encode proteins with signal peptides.  However I cannot find
> where I have seen this technique used.  I would appriciate any citations
> regarding this type of screen.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> John C. Walker

I wonder if you wanted this reference:

Klein RD et al. (1996) Selection for genes encoding secreted proteins and
receptors. PNAS 93, 7108.

The method described in the paper seemed to be very good, but it was in a
situation of patent-pending so that I could not get the materials from
them.  Hope this helps.

Namjin Chung, who knows little and asks a lot!
Program in Molecular Cancer Biology
Duke University Medical Center
Durham, North Carolina