YPD carmelization

Hernan Espinoza espinoza at cgl.ucsf.edu
Fri Jan 24 21:15:54 EST 1997

delacruz at jeeves.ucsd.edu (Bernard J. de la Cruz) writes:

>I haven't been able to get a straight answer to this
>question and I'm hoping the collective wisdom here may
>have an answer.

>How much carmelization of YPD media is _too_much_
>carmelization?

	Your not going to like this, but it _is_ the right answer :
It's too much carmelization when your cells stop growing well or, really,
as well as you like (whichever is less).   There is no magic number,
I'm afraid.

	It may not be aesthetically pleasing, but it's not toxic, just
not particualarly metabolizable.

	-Hernan, will not discriminate against YPD based on colour  8-)