DNA software

S. W. Rasmussen carlfys at biobase.dk
Thu Jan 16 15:33:53 EST 1997

Marek Tchorzewski wrote:

> Dear Netters,
>
> First of all, Happy New Year 1997 to all of you !!!
>
> On the other hand, I need advice concerning programs
> for DNA and protein analysis.
> I am going to buy such program however I am not
> fully determined which program I should purchase.
>
> So far, I have seen DNAsis and DNAstar, however
> I am not sufficiently confident that these programs
> are reliable, and can provide me with the best options.
>
> So, could you advice me, which programs is actually
> the best on the market.
>
> Marek Tchorzewski PhD
> Univ. of Maria Curie-Sklodowska
> Dept. of  Molecular Biology
> Lublin, Poland

Dear Marek,

Of more expensive programs I can recommend the latest version of
LaserGene (for Windows), which by now has been cured of most of the bugs
which made earlier versions a pest to work with.

A simple program for DNA house keeping - DNATools 2.0 - can be obtained
free of charge from me. It runs on a PC (preferrable a pentium, its
rather slow on 486's) on Windows 3.x or Win95.

Good luck

Kind regards

Dr. S.W. Rasmussen
Carlsberg Laboratory