Need author info on spindle pole bodies and p34cdc2 in pombe

francis at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV francis at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV
Wed Jan 8 11:14:53 EST 1997

> From yoas at cfox.bchs.uh.edu Wed Jan  8 10:51:18 1997

> Haven't had much luck with finding current reviews on these topics for
> pombe.  Does someone know of authors in the pombe field with papers on
> spindle pole bodies and p34?

Karen,

I would check these:

1) http://mcbio.med.buffalo.edu/Cell_Cycle_Review.html

2) Entrez' medline (PubMed) server at:

   http://www3.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Entrez/

Looking at "spindle pole bodies pombe" I found 12 articles (titles
below), and if you look at the 'related' articles, you will find
hundreds more  ...  ( 'p34cdc2 pombe' found 66 articles; and 'p34cdc2
pombe spindle' found 2)

cheers,

f.

--
| B.F. Francis Ouellette
| GenBank Coordinator
|
| francis at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

    Svoboda A, 1995
      Microtubule-driven nuclear movements and linear elements as
      meiosis-specific characteristics of the fission yeasts
      Schizosaccharomyces versatilis and Schizosaccharomyces pombe.
      Chromosoma 104, 203-214 (1995)

    Horio T, 1994
      Human gamma-tubulin functions in fission yeast.  J. Cell Biol.
      126, 1465-1473 (1994)

    Hirata A, 1994
      Structural modification of spindle pole bodies during meiosis II
      is essential for the normal formation of ascospores in
      Schizosaccharomyces pombe: ultrastructural analysis of spo
      mutants.  Yeast 10, 173-183 (1994)

    Page BD, 1993
      Chromosome segregation in yeast.  Annu. Rev. Microbiol. 47,
      231-261 (1993)

    McGrew JT, 1992
      Requirement for ESP1 in the nuclear division of Saccharomyces
      cerevisiae.  Mol. Biol. Cell 3, 1443-1454 (1992)

    Masuda H, 1992
      In vitro microtubule-nucleating activity of spindle pole bodies
      in fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe: cell cycle-dependent
      activation in xenopus cell-free extracts.  J. Cell Biol. 117,
      1055-1066 (1992)

    Hagan I, 1992
      Kinesin-related cut7 protein associates with mitotic and meiotic
      spindles in fission yeast.  Nature 356, 74-76 (1992)

    Uzawa S, 1992
      Visualization of centromeric and nucleolar DNA in fission yeast
      by fluorescence in situ hybridization.  J. Cell. Sci. 101,
      267-275 (1992)

    Hirata A, 1992
      Electron microscopic examination of sporulation-deficient mutants
      of the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe.  Arch. Microbiol.
      158, 249-255 (1992)

    Tanaka K, 1986
      Mitosis in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe as
      revealed by freeze-substitution electron microscopy.  J. Cell.
      Sci. 80, 253-268 (1986)

    Umesono K, 1983
      Cell division cycle genes nda2 and nda3 of the fission yeast
      Schizosaccharomyces pombe control microtubular organization and
      sensitivity to anti-mitotic benzimidazole compounds.  J. Mol.
      Biol. 168, 271-284 (1983)

    Toda T, 1983
      Cold-sensitive nuclear division arrest mutants of the fission
      yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe.  J. Mol. Biol. 168, 251-270
      (1983)