question on transcriptome

Mike Cherry cherry at GENOME.STANFORD.EDU
Thu Aug 21 17:00:38 EST 1997

> Folks-
> 	I am looking for a way to access the data from the "transcriptome"
> experiment which used a chip to assay transcription of most of the known
> yeast ORF (Cell 88, 228)  If anyone knows how or where to access this
> data could you drop me an email?  I don't really know how to read this
> group, so if you could just mail that would be better.
>
> 							thanks-
> 								neal sondheimer

Neal,

I think you mean the Velculescu et al. article in Cell 88:243-251.
This is not a chip based method -- it is a sequencing machine based
method.  The Velculescu and Kinzler technology is called serial
analysis of gene expression (SAGE).  The data for the yeast
transcriptome analysis reported in the Cell paper is available from
the authors in electronic form to researchers from academic
institutions.  Unfortunately, due to distribution limitations imposed
by The Johns Hopkins Office of Technology Licensing SGD cannot make
these results available from our public database.  We are exploring
other sources of information about small ORFs and hope to have more of
this type of information added to SGD in the coming months.

Mike