How to attract yeast person to filamentous fungi

Dr. Daniel Ebbole dje0282 at zeus.tamu.edu
Thu Aug 7 12:20:44 EST 1997

Hi, I would like to attract a postdoc with good yeast mol. biol. skills
to work on mating pheromone response in the plant pathogen Magnaporthe
grisea.  Yeast alpha factor seems to be a weak mimic of the authentic
pheromone for one of the mating types of this fungus and the effect of
pheromone is to block differentiation of a specialized infection cell.
This finding was recently published (1997. Science 276:1116-1119.
Inhibition of pathogenicity of the rice blast fungus by Saccharomyces
cerevisiae alpha-factor).

Can anyone advise me where to post an ad to reach more yeast people?  I
think grad. students trained in yeast biology (the best trained people)
are desperately needed in the area of filamentous fungi.

Any help will be appreciated. I am in the Program for the Biology of
Filamentous Fungi at Texas A&M and we have a very large and excellent
group of labs that work on Aspergillus, Neurospora, and plant pathogens
such as M. grisea.