Strains data base template

Dr. Kai-Uwe Froehlich kaifr at uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Apr 29 10:15:24 EST 1997

In article <33654CFE.5F34 at genectr.hunter.cuny.edu>, Chong Jue
<jue at genectr.hunter.cuny.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I seem to remember someone offered a data base template for strains
> collection.  Was it from this news group?  Is the offer still available?
>
> Chong

If the computer you plan to run your strain collection on is a Macintosh,
you should have a look at my free Yeast Strain Collection Stack:

<http://yeamob.pci.chemie.uni-tuebingen.de/Archiv/YeastStrainCollection.html>

It is "just a Hypercard stack", but its speed is fine on fast Macs
(acceptable on medium fast Macs, worth its price on slow Macs). And
searching is quite fast and allows exactly those searches you need for S.
cerevisiae, e.g., any combination of wild type and mutant genes, mating
type, gene combinations in diploids, and arbitrary text.
Kai