Zymolase alteratives for immunofluorescence

The Charbonneau Lab at biochem.purdue.edu
Sun Apr 27 20:33:49 EST 1997

Does anyone know if there are any good alternatives to the zymolase 100T
sold by ICN (Cat# 320932) for permeablizing S. Cerevisiae for
immunofluorescence. This enzyme preparation is recommended by Pringle
(Methods in Enzymology v.194 p.590 [1991]) but is not affordable at
$431.40 for 250 mg. I know that sigma sells lyticase (cat# L4025 and
L5763) as well as Boehringer Mannheim (Cat# 1-372-467) but I am unsure
how to convert units between products and I have no experience on how
these enzymes will perform in the context of immunofluorescence. If you
have any experience using these enzymes for immunofluorescence could you
post a reply.

Chris Baskerville
hound at purdue.edu